If you dream of a straighter, more confident smile without uncomfortable, messy braces, then Invisalign® can be a great option. Invisalign is a revolutionary teeth-straightening treatment that can help you achieve your desired smile discreetly without having to get all that hardware in your mouth.
With Invisalign aligners, there is no need for metal brackets, wires, and elastic bands. The clear aligners are removable and made from smooth, comfortable plastic that makes Invisalign a clear choice to treat specific dental misalignment issues.
How Invisalign Aligners Work To Straighten Your Teeth?
Invisalign aligners from Harbour View Dental work similarly to traditional braces, applying gentle, constant pressure on your teeth to push them to their proper location. The system consists of a series of custom-made, transparent polymeric aligners that you wear over your teeth for at least 22 hours daily.
The process begins with a comprehensive dental exam to assess your teeth and bite, then creating a customized treatment plan using 3D imaging technology. The aligners are then custom-made in a dental lab to fit your teeth precisely.
You wear each set of Invisalign trays for about two weeks, removing them only when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. The aligners apply gentle yet constant pressure on specific teeth, gradually moving them into alignment. The next set of aligners progresses every few weeks, continuing the teeth-moving process according to the treatment plan.
Advantages Of Invisalign Over Traditional Braces
Invisalign clear aligners from Harbour View Dental offer several advantages over traditional metal wire braces, including the following-
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible when worn, allowing you to straighten your teeth discreetly.
- Unlike traditional braces fixed to your teeth, Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you to easily take them when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
- Invisalign aligners are made of a unique, smooth, BPA-free plastic, providing a comfortable fit and minimizing irritation to the soft tissue of your mouth.
- With Invisalign, you have fewer visits to Harbour View Dental than traditional braces.
- Invisalign treatment utilizes advanced 3D imaging technology so you can visualize the expected results and know how your teeth will shift at each stage of the process.
- Invisalign may need less time than traditional braces to straighten your teeth.
If you are considering Invisalign near you to correct misalignment and malocclusion, please schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist to see if it is the right option.
Can Invisalign Be Recommended For All Age Groups?
Invisalign aligners are often recommended to correct alignment issues in teenagers and young adults. However, the treatment might also be considered for children or older adults in some cases.
InvisalignFirst® is a specialized treatment option that is explicitly designed for children. It addresses early orthodontic issues in young patients, typically between 6 and 10.
The system aims to intercept and correct specific dental problems that may worsen with age if left untreated. Harbour View Dental uses the system to address overcrowding, narrow dental arches, crossbites, and excessive spacing. By guiding the growth and development of the jaws and teeth, InvisalignFirst helps create space for permanent teeth and establishes a proper bite.
Invisalign Maintenance And Care Tips
Proper maintenance and care are essential to ensure the success of your Invisalign treatment. Here are some actionable tips to keep your aligners clean and in good condition-
- Always brush and floss your teeth before reinserting your aligners. Maintaining oral hygiene throughout the treatment helps prevent plaque and bacteria buildup.
- Rinse your aligners with lukewarm water every time you remove them. Avoid hot water, as it can distort the aligners. Brush them gently with a soft toothbrush to remove any debris or plaque. Avoid using toothpaste, as it may be abrasive.
- Soak your aligners in Invisalign cleaning crystals or a denture cleaner periodically to keep them clean and odor-free. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for usage and duration.
- Take your aligners out before consuming food or drink. Food particles and beverages can stain or damage the aligners.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day to keep your mouth and aligners hydrated. Dry aligners can become uncomfortable and promote bacterial growth.
- Handle your aligners with clean hands to avoid transferring bacteria or causing damage. Avoid excessive bending or twisting of the aligners.
- Store them in the provided case to prevent loss or damage when not wearing your aligners. Keep the case clean, and remember to bring it when traveling.
Remember to follow the specific instructions provided by our dentist in Burlington. You can ensure a smooth and successful Invisalign experience by maintaining good oral hygiene and adequately caring for your aligners.
Please book an appointment at Harbour View Dental to learn about Invisalign and know whether it is the proper orthodontic treatment for you.